N Number Change

A while back I reserved a more meaningful N number for my CT, although I have already grown fond of "5 Charlie Tango" as a concise and clear radio call, I'm going to brand it my own going with N520DW - my birthdate and initials, mailed the start of documentation to FAA today.  Found a very nice site for ordering vinyl online, was able to slant text and customize the size, among all kind of other options I did not select, here's what's coming:

Website is:  https://doityourselflettering.com

Stuck with black with silver shadow, considered putting some red in as boarder but odd's are that won't match the red on my graphics, so sticking with safer color choices.

image.png.c6162747434e1c4ce6259250f83af753.png

GrassStripFlyBoy, I noticed your numbers are 9" tall, I was told when ordering mine that unless we are E-LSA our numbers needed to be 12" tall.  Not sure if you're E-LSA or not, so thought I'd mention it.

I might be incorrect, but thought I would share this info with you as it may change your order.

For reference - https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=4ac4e1675349745702f523659674bbba&mc=true&node=se14.1.45_129

Thanks for the words of caution, I'm in tune with this, and I've yet to see anything larger than 9" on a CT, except for the oversea birds with large ID under wings.  My take is the size of fuselage is limiter, and as the first paragraph states exception in (f), I'm interpreting this as why 9" is standard on aircraft as supplied by FD dealers.  12" would wrap so far around it would barely be legible. 

image.png.384baa8244a629cfa24c8dc9c921aebf.png

11 hours ago, GrassStripFlyBoy said:

Will do when complete, awaiting the FAA form and if that is anything like a new registration it may be a month, or more.

I changed the N number on mine in November. I was surprised at how quick Oklahoma City was with the process. A lot different than registration.

I considered this, but the gap in graphics sort of has me committed to existing size & location.  Another factor is I overfly Canada fairly often, and should I ever have to land there (unplanned emergency situation) a requirement is larger size N numbers, although this would be the least of my concerns not being in the formal CANPASS system.  I carry my Nexus card which doubles as passport, and demonstrates I'm a vetted traveler of Canada, but imagine there would still be a whole lot of explaining to do.

• 1 month later...

Update.  My check cleared bank on March 2, and have yet to receive form 8050-64, figure the health situation has things delayed.  Emailed FAA today to ensure form was not lost in return to me, they replied within an hour and stated it was mailed March 30, so took six weeks.  I now face risk of not being able to visit my FSDO office with state closures, I'll likely park the change on plane for a month or two until able to arrange onsite visit at FSDO.  So, know that FAA is open but appears to be taking longer to process things, which is understandable.  I was impressed someone replied quickly, and with factual answer.

• 1 month later...