Ignition wire sheathing...

Animosity2k

I found a spot on my 3T ignition wire where it is touching against the top manifold in the little spot that it does not have any sheathing. My understanding is that if this wire is touching anything theres a possibility of the current jumping the path of least resistance and not making a full spark at the plug. What would be the appropriate material to wrap this portion of the wire in to help protect that? I was thinking a piece of fuel line but then it may just melt? I tried to zip tie it up a bit to keep it from touching but it still wants to touch.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, BravoFoxtrot said:

Good job troubleshooting this. If you are concerned about temperature, you could use firesleeve to insulate it.

It isn't solved yet! I'm just thinking this is one thing that could also be causing the issues. If you read my other thread my issue is a ignition failure on Cylinder 1 & 2 and it seems to be caused by "Nominal Current not reached". I'm thinking thats due to a weak spark, or arcing from that unsheathed cable. The other thing I may do tomorrow is use some electrical contract cleaner and a scotch brite pad and clean up the coil pack connectors.