Battery drain

Dennis Yeo

Sorry if this has been already discussed.  I usually run a battery tender between flights.  Forgot to hook it up after a 2 hr flight and a couple of days later the voltage was at 10v. 

I show 13.6v + when the aircraft is running.  Shouldn’t this indicate a charge?   I replaced the battery 5 months ago. 

I have dual dynon first gen stuff  

Appreciate any input. 

Dennis 

6EC72188-0F65-4945-9AF9-DDF882BABAE8.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Tom Baker said:

Depending on the battery tender you could be damaging the battery with its use. You need one that charges at a constant voltage. It is also possible that the keep alive wire for the Dynon has never been disconnected.

Tom could you elaborate on the damage to the battery or provide a recommended battery tender? I am currently using a Optimate LFP it says 12.8V 5A for LiFeP04 batteries (I was given this from the previous owner when I purchased the plane). I just plug it in and let it go, I don't mess with any settings (don't even think there are any to change). Given the electrical issues I've been having I wonder if in any way it's related to me keeping my charger on...