Max. range

Chris_LSZO

Most of us here don't have in-flight adjustable propellers, but it should be pretty easy to figure out if you have a fuel flow meter. Record the various fuel flows and speeds at the various power settings, and compare the time aloft based on fuel burn compared to the speed at that power setting. I would expect the speed for your best range to be somewhere around 100 knots.

Without looking anything up I think I would shoot for a manifold pressure that is roughly equal to RPM divided by 2.43 divided by 100 with an airspeed around 100 knots. A rough guess would be 19-20 in/hg and 4800 RPM with a airspeed around 100 knots, but that is just a guess.

4 hours ago, Tom Baker said:

Without looking anything up I think I would shoot for a manifold pressure that is roughly equal to RPM divided by 2.43 divided by 100 with an airspeed around 100 knots. A rough guess would be 19-20 in/hg and 4800 RPM with a airspeed around 100 knots, but that is just a guess.

Concur.

15 hours ago, Tom Baker said:

You mean: WOT and climb until the manifold pressure are 19-20 and reduce RPM by govenor to 4800?

No, I mean set throttle to 19-20 in/hg and set RPM to 4800. If your altitude happens to be where that is full throttle so be it, but if WOT gives more manifold pressure reduce the throttle.

This is all based on experience flying with a ground adjustable propeller, and just a ballpark for a controllable pitch prop.