Sump on bottom plane leaking

Animosity2k

5 hours ago, Tom Baker said:

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/curtisquickdv53.php?clickkey=80614

No promises that it will work through the hole in the belly though.

Tom I think we are talking about different valves. The one you photo'ed that is attached to the gascolator is more forward. I attached some photos, the valve I have in question is the further back one in my zoomed out photo. I also took an up close photo of it as well in which you can see a new fuel drip forming on it. This is the one I drain when checking fuel. 

image2 (2).jpeg

image1 (4).jpeg

Okay, that it the drain for the header tank. It is a Saf-air drain valve. They use a replaceable o-ring. I have not replaced one of those on a CTLSi. I thought about it, but was a little afraid to try and remove it from the tank. I suggest you talk to FDUSA and ask about removal to replace the seal, unless someone here has removed one before.

Also you should be draining both on your preflight.

18 hours ago, Tom Baker said:

Okay, that it the drain for the header tank. It is a Saf-air drain valve. They use a replaceable o-ring. I have not replaced one of those on a CTLSi. I thought about it, but was a little afraid to try and remove it from the tank. I suggest you talk to FDUSA and ask about removal to replace the seal, unless someone here has removed one before.

Also you should be draining both on your preflight.

Thanks for the heads up about checking both on pre-flight and I will reach out to FDUSA this week. If you take a look at my latest post you can see I got bigger problems now.