Source for 4.00 x 6 tubes

Jim Ragain

12 minutes ago, Tom Baker said:

The nose tire is the same as listed above. On the CTLS it doesn't change between tundra or no tundra.

Thanks! For a big trip do you recommend just getting a tube or carrying a whole new tire? Am I better to carry just a front tire, one of each? 

The 6.00x6 main tire is a fairly common size, and I would expect almost any airport that has a maintenance shop with regular inventory would have one. The nose tire on the other hand is a little of an odd size, and less likely to be an inventory. The most common failure for the nose tire is a slipped tube with a torn stem. Replacing the tube would be all that was needed. That being said having a flat during landing can ruin the tire. If you have the space and weight capacity I would carry a spare tire and tube for the trip. It will be good insurance that you won't need it, but if you do you will have it.

1 hour ago, Tom Baker said:

The 6.00x6 main tire is a fairly common size, and I would expect almost any airport that has a maintenance shop with regular inventory would have one. The nose tire on the other hand is a little of an odd size, and less likely to be an inventory. The most common failure for the nose tire is a slipped tube with a torn stem. Replacing the tube would be all that was needed. That being said having a flat during landing can ruin the tire. If you have the space and weight capacity I would carry a spare tire and tube for the trip. It will be good insurance that you won't need it, but if you do you will have it.

Any chance you guys would have a link to a tire/tube combo vs just the tube (this would be for the nosewheel). 

Just now, Tom Baker said:

They're never sold with the tube in the tire? Sorry if that is a silly question! I'm good at computers, not mechanics.