Just got my sign off

Bill3558

Glad you liked the airplane.  They are a bit different to land, especially if you are coming from the certified (Cessna/Piper/Diamond etc) world.  The biggest advice I have to give for landings is be on speed.  A few knots fast can really lead to some interesting landings.  In fact, I would rather be 2 knots slow than 2 knots fast on short final, because these airplanes just want to fly, and don't bleed off speed easily once in ground effect.  What specifically were your issues with landings?  It took me 10-12 landings before I started to get the feel for it, after having 1000s of landings in Cessna and Diamond aircraft.

1 hour ago, garrettgee2001 said:

Glad you liked the airplane.  They are a bit different to land, especially if you are coming from the certified (Cessna/Piper/Diamond etc) world.  The biggest advice I have to give for landings is be on speed.  A few knots fast can really lead to some interesting landings.  In fact, I would rather be 2 knots slow than 2 knots fast on short final, because these airplanes just want to fly, and don't bleed off speed easily once in ground effect.  What specifically were your issues with landings?  It took me 10-12 landings before I started to get the feel for it, after having 1000s of landings in Cessna and Diamond aircraft.

I have the Cessna stall it in mindset.  This plane needs to be flown onto the runway. I’ll get the hang of it. 

On 5/30/2020 at 10:04 PM, Bill3558 said:

I have the Cessna stall it in mindset.  This plane needs to be flown onto the runway. I’ll get the hang of it. 

The CTSW is a handful on landing in conditions that are not ideal, and gusty winds can be downright treacherous.

You can land a CT in a full stall like a Cessna, but you do it from a much lower height and when it's done flying, it's DONE.  If your timing is off you have to goose the throttle to cushion it, or prepare for a "carrier style" landing.  There are a lot of ways to land a CT (just look at all the arguments in the "flying and landing" section, lol), and many do prefer the "fly it on" approach.