Thank you Okent !

AGLyme

My 28 yo son Will and I went on his second ever flight in the Flight Design. 
Will has Cerebral Palsy and intellectual disabilities and other health issues that have kept him from flying with me over the last year.

We learned on last year’s flight that Will had difficulty keeping his feet still, especially during landing as he gets very excited... so... we had to get one of those fabulous metal guards that are featured on this site.  Ultimately, I couldn’t buy one or have one built.  

Out of the blue I received a note from Okent announcing that he will build one for Will... months later we received it in the mail. And he wouldn’t accept any compensation.  Who does that these days?

Will felt well enough to go for the first time in ages so we went... it was hot and we had an almost direct cross wind with the infamous KSNC (Chester CT) shear thrown in... fortunately it wasn’t bumpy except on Final.  The flight was a blast.  Will is a bridge nut and we flew over the local bridges.  The railroad (Amtrak) bridge that crosses the CT River was up letting the boats through... he loved that.  When we landed I asked Will to grade my landing on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best.  

I was awarded an “8”, and he later added with a belly laugh “for a really bad carrier landing”...  he was right ! we put the plane away and he asked if I could take a video of him standing by the plane... he reached in to his side and grabbed the guard and he wanted to pass along his thanks... completely unrehearsed.

Our family is super grateful Okent... we will pass it forward as soon as we find the opportunity.  Thx !!

Click on video... here...

https://youtu.be/T9UcoiZkb4s

57A676DA-4568-4F29-8DA0-622B8DF58846.jpeg

74C16727-9F58-44E5-8874-EBF613F0A93A.jpeg

7A42C405-D2E8-43A4-95DE-A68DB8DC5D50.jpeg