Washington Island 2P2 vlog. Part 1 of 2

Skunkworks85

2 hours ago, Runtoeat said:

Our CT's are great little travel machines

Agreed Dick.  Went to a very cool and small mountain airstrip on the VA, West VA line this last weekend called Sky Bryce to visit family.  370 miles each way... burned 27 gals of 93 octane, which is effectively 27 mpg... I didn't need gas (but did put some in just in case).

Thank goodness for 30 degs flaps... which are an absolute blast to deploy...

I wish more folks would post their trips like Skunkworks did, I don't know how to do the GoPro thing or I would.

1 hour ago, AGLyme said:

Agreed Dick.  Went to a very cool and small mountain airstrip on the VA, West VA line this last weekend called Sky Bryce to visit family.  370 miles each way... burned 27 gals of 93 octane, which is effectively 27 mpg... I didn't need gas (but did put some in just in case).

Thank goodness for 30 degs flaps... which are an absolute blast to deploy...

I wish more folks would post their trips like Skunkworks did, I don't know how to do the GoPro thing or I would.

Please like and subscribe to the channel, That will help with more...

Tip, it was my second time to Sky Bryce and I was fortunate enough to have landed with the tennis courts to the left and the coffee drinkers on their porches to the right... the wind was unbelievably gusty... ready to push to full power and go around and then in the last 200 feet... no wind at all... did use up most of the runway but one of the most fun airports I have ever landed in.  

There is a good place to have lunch (big outside deck) and a fabulous place to have ice cream within walking distance.