Nasty Noises when taxiing from gear/fuselage (CT2K)

Investigation of loud creaking/banging noises on taxiing, revealed that the 2 pilot-side's bushes (in bulkhead behind the pilot seat and in rear-reinforcement in the luggage compartment) for the MainGear's M8 bolt,  had come adrift and needed re-fixing.

Now enjoying peaceful taxiing ...

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

Landing gear bushings/wedges in the CTLS can be adjusted for noise and wing height.  One of my wings is higher off the ground than the other resulting in a two gals of gas differential in the left wing tank  on a flat surface.  I will have the wedge(s) adjusted this coming annual to fix that. 

Would this same issue exist on a CTLSi? I had some nasty creaking noises on taxi, I removed the main leg fairings to reveal that my black rubber padding between the fusellage and the gear had shifted on one and was completely missing on another. Replaced these and still have the creaking noises so trying to find the next culprit. The noise drives me insane. Easy to fix? 

I saw a CTLS with the gear off at FD USA... It looked straight forward, but, I would call it A&P work for sure... You may want to call Woodstock and tell them about your condition.  I'm sure it is not the first report.  Perhaps Tom B could opine....

The pictures are from a CTSW. Completely differentinstalation design. There is a safety directive to inspect the gear legs on the CTSW, and the loose bushings should have been caught during the inspection. Or maybe they were damamged from someone with a heavy hand doing the inspection.

On 6/29/2020 at 12:02 AM, Tom Baker said:

The pictures are from a CTSW. Completely differentinstalation design. There is a safety directive to inspect the gear legs on the CTSW, and the loose bushings should have been caught during the inspection. Or maybe they were damamged from someone with a heavy hand doing the inspection.

Tom, what is the best way to inspect these?  I look at them every annual, but want to make sure I'm doing it correctly/thoroughly. 

• 1 year later...

I generally lift the wing from the tip and have someone slide a ladder under the wing with some padding on top. If you don't have any help you can jack the from the wheel and slide the ladder in by yourself. You just need to make sure the wheel is off the ground and the weight is off the gear.

And don't forget to chock it real well too.

If you're doing wheel servicing, you're going to be taking apart the brakes, which aside from how hard that would be while brake pressure is on, if you do manage to take apart the caliper, it will relieve pressure from the other brake too.

On 4/27/2022 at 8:32 AM, Tom Baker said:

I generally lift the wing from the tip and have someone slide a ladder under the wing with some padding on top. If you don't have any help you can jack the from the wheel and slide the ladder in by yourself. You just need to make sure the wheel is off the ground and the weight is off the gear.

Is placing the ladder right where the tie down is ok? I can unscrew it, place the ladder with some padding there. Or is there a better place to put the ladder at?