Non-CT, new Diamond design

I find it interesting how many of the newer composite aircraft are going to darker paint schemes.  I doubt the technology of materials has changed, are we learning there is less risk resulting from darker paints?  I wonder what is the rest of the story on this topic.  A very long term idea is a full strip & repaint on my CT, would love a similar look to this Diamond:

image.thumb.png.23466f6811a2b55399d18b9e57068210.png

At work, we fly 3 earlier model DA-42's and when they were purchased, Diamond was very specific about colors and location.  We had some back and forth even about using our logo, because it has dark colors that retain heat at different rates, and they were worried about the carbon/glass fiber and resin.  In this video, at about the 6:30 minute mark, they talk about painting the new DA-62.  They mention that only specific colors that have been tested for heat retention are allowed, due to an upgrade in the resin system.  Not really sure what that means exactly.

I got my Private in a DA20 and between the 2 seats is a temp gauge, and it was color coded.

Looking at the POH for the DA20, it shows a maximum structural temperature of 131degF in the limitations section and specifies looking at the structural temp indicator between the seats when outside air temperature is greater than 100 degF during preflight.

You were not allowed to fly if the sensor was reading that high.