VDO fuel sender

procharger

I replaced  mine again with new and it reads totally different than the old one

on start up new shows 4.2 then start to fly it goes to 1 or zero land and put old

sender back on reads 5 on start up and 4.2 flying can't depend on these units

for accuracy I guess any one else had this?

4 hours ago, GrassStripFlyBoy said:

Fly an older SW without fuel flow instrumentation - sometimes ignorance really is bliss.

Mine is a 2007 with a D-100 but not a D-120 on the right side. Just steam gages. Fuel pressure problems? What are you talking about.:thinking-1376:

15 hours ago, sandpiper said:

Mine is a 2007 with a D-100 but not a D-120 on the right side. Just steam gages. Fuel pressure problems? What are you talking about.:thinking-1376:

Exactly my setup.  Sometimes I wonder if the full-fledged EMS systems just create anxiety as they give so much information that it's inevitable that *something* will have an abnormal indication that is not really a problem.

This has always been an issue since analog has been going by the wayside. There is nothing wrong with all the extra and detailed info. It's just educating pilots to what it means, how to interpret it, what is normal and how to tell when a reading is erroneous. 

1 hour ago, Roger Lee said:

This has always been an issue since analog has been going by the wayside. There is nothing wrong with all the extra and detailed info. It's just educating pilots to what it means, how to interpret it, what is normal and how to tell when a reading is erroneous. 

Sure, that lack of education is the source of the anxiety!

For example, the fuel pressure issue.  A low FP reading is not a cause for concern IMO as long as the engine is still making full RPM.  If it does that it clearly has enough pressure.  If the fuel pump fails entirely the airplane can still make enough RPM from gravity feed to affect a safe landing.  This obviously is only true for carbed airplanes, fuel injection has a different set of fuel pressure requirements.