Wanted CTLSi

Ergo1

Hi CtFliers

I hope, in the not too distant future, to become part of your flying community.

I'm looking for a relatively new CT with low hours (less than 300) - preferable one owner with comprehensive and detailed log books. Please no aircraft that has been left outside or has damage history.  Lastly, I'm currently aware of what's offered for sale (Trade-A-Plane, Barnstormers and Controller) and for various reasons, I've not found a match yet.

Please email with details about your prized CT. I can move quickly for the right plane-

Be Well and Stay Safe 

Thank you much!

Eric Goldfine

ergo_tu@yahoo.com

Eric, I know of a 2013 with less than 200 hours on it that may be coming up shortly.  It is a one owner and the mechanic is the same one who takes care of mine, meticulously maintained.

I have personally flown it and it's a very nice plane.  Not listed on any site.

I'll check with the owner.  He has a medical condition and just doesn't feel safe to fly anymore.

I had offered to buy it earlier this year but he just wasn't ready to sell.

I'm moving into a twin so it doesn't fit my mission anymore.

Hi Okent

In my quest for finding my “new” plane, it seems like a number of CT owners are selling their planes for the same reason - they need a bigger ride. I find this somewhat interesting because in my 20 years of owning 4 seat aircraft I only filled 4 seats three or four times. I guess I’m unpopular! 
On the flip side, 95% of the time I had either one passenger or I was flying solo. The CT, therefore, is a better fit for my mission - or at least that’s my rational for getting it. 

Be Well and Fly Safe! 

1 hour ago, Ergo1 said:

Hi Okent

In my quest for finding my “new” plane, it seems like a number of CT owners are selling their planes for the same reason - they need a bigger ride. I find this somewhat interesting because in my 20 years of owning 4 seat aircraft I only filled 4 seats three or four times. I guess I’m unpopular! 
On the flip side, 95% of the time I had either one passenger or I was flying solo. The CT, therefore, is a better fit for my mission - or at least that’s my rational for getting it. 

Be Well and Fly Safe! 

It might just be a "grass is greener on the other side" thing. LOL    Ive been flying the CT for 12 years and every now and then I think id be better off in a 172/182.   But i remind myself i fly solo, just like you, 95% or more  of the time.   Then when you think about the savings flying a CT...        CT always wins :)

5 hours ago, cdarza said:

But i remind myself i fly solo, just like you, 95% or more  of the time

I am going through that exercise presently thanks to family pressure (there are 4 of us).  The CT offers phenomenal visibility and economy which would be hard to give up.  70% of home airport conversations with the 1970's era metal airplane guys revolve around where the cheapest gas is.  

I understand the dynamics of seats/speed/value.

I am more of a destination person.  I rarely just go up to fly around for a bit.  Just got back from a trip to Boise in a 182 and let me tell you, after about 4 hours the idea of a faster plane was appealing.  Flew with Stick and Rudder in their Kitfox and it was a ton of fun.

For local trips I would use the CT but for anything longer than 2 hour flights it just makes sense for me to get something faster.

My thinking is that I need to fly the twin as much as possible for the next year or so and trying to decide whether or not to keep the CT as well.

I think ideally it would be nice to have a travel plane (twin) and a local plane (CT).  Best of both worlds.

Just to add some thoughts regarding the grass being greener...

I stumbled across a Husky that was just too good of a deal to pass up. Not wanting to own two airplanes, I sold my CTsw in December to a great guy. 

I now have an airplane that is 15 mph slower, costs 3-4 times as much per hour to fly (100LL is what I burn in it now) and has no autopilot or parachute. 

Also, I no longer have the awesome support of Flight Design USA (Tom Peghiny and Arian Foldan). 

Pluses: I can carry 900 pounds into and out of basically any airport. That’s up from almost 600 in the CT. 

That Flight Design F4 sure is tempting though!

Hi Kent

I'm hoping you can give me some information about the CTSW - Andrew tells me you are a expert ( or close to one!)

Please email me and I'll provide my telephone number ergo_tu@yahoo.com  (I worry about solicitors)

Thank you

Eric

On 7/22/2020 at 12:01 PM, okent said:

I think ideally it would be nice to have a travel plane (twin) and a local plane (CT).  Best of both worlds.

And that’s why after first buying a CTLS, I started a flying club with the CTLS and then a Cirrus SR22. Best plane for each mission, without costing a fortune.  

That may be what I need to do.  I was part of a club but there were too many people and availability was just terrible.  That's why I bought the CTLS.

I realistically fly 100 hours a year and it's point to point.  I'm just super picky about who I would share a plane with.