(Yet another) Low Fuel Pressure Post

oceanplexian

Hey there,

I noticed a number of low fuel pressure posts and thought I would post here. I have a 2007 CTSW with a 912ULS. The last few times I've flown the airplane I have gotten the awful fuel pressure alarm on climb out, and sometimes during taxi. I have not seen it during cruise flight.  Temps about 90 degrees and my airfield is at ~5,000 MSL

I managed to catch the issue and took a video. Symptoms are

1) Low fuel pressure (It dropped as low as 0.7PSI before I could shoot the video), and

2) High fuel flow (8GPH at 2200RPM)

image.thumb.jpg.99765121d5eff411f636d0f8531a385c.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhnjkTfXV8s

Any ideas what the issue could be? I thought it might be the fuel pressure sender and swapped it out, but the issue is still happening. All I can think is bad gas or something is clogged somewhere. I have an 893115 newer model fuel pump and read somewhere that it could be normal in some situations? Thanks!

Take sensor off and spray it with carb cleaner in the little orifice may help mine been doing this

for years tried new sensors new one's read worse than old sometimes. You said in video its

not really an issue not sure that is the best way to look at that problem. Try to fix it if you can.

Procharger is correct and this does work for fuel senders that hang downward on the firewall.

That said during these hot months if you get the engine heat soaked enough and use 91 oct. with ethanol there is a chance you could see this, but once in the air and good air flow is restored then this should go away. I usually see this type of low pressure after turning the engine off for 30-45 minutes and then try to start again. The pressure may be at 1.5 - 2 psi, but usually during taxi the cooler fuel is now coming into the hoses and the low pressure goes away. Used to see this all the time in the summer months in Arizona.