N319CT New Panel

Jim Meade

I updated my 2007 FD CTSW ELSA N319CT panel.  Replaced SW mushroom with LS mushroom to hold the 10" SkyView displays.

Dual Dynon SkyView D1000T displays with backup battery, dual Dynon SV-COM-C25 radios, AutoPilot panel, Knob panel, Garmin GTN625 navigator.  Replaced TruTrack AP and servos with Dynon.  

Dynon SV-261 transponder.  Dynon ADAHRS 200/201 and Remote Magnetometer.  Dynon EMS 220 engine monitor.  Dynon 472 ADS-B.  Dynon 2020 GPS.  Garmin GPS.  ARINC 429.

PS Engineering PMA8000C with TAC adapter to permit operating the 2m-160m HF/VHF Yaesu FT857D through audio panel.  (20m HF dipole antenna from each wing tip to top of vertical stabilizer planned but not yet installed.  No plans for any other antenna.  10m would probably tune-up on it.)

Flight Design heated pitot tube with AOA.

Added 40A alternator to carry HF radio.

I did some of the installation and some was done by SteinAir of Faribault, MN.  

There are a couple of empty panel holes because I changed my mind on some components, so I may cut a new panel to eliminate the holes.  Panels are still rough finished and will get a nicer finish later.

BTW, I always fly from the right seat, not that it matters.  The avionics do what I wanted them to and I am happy with the setup, which I am still learning.  Yes, at my age and with my mission this may be my almost last airplane (I'm building a Rans S7 and have a Pipistrel Taurus 503M self-launch glider.)

New Panel1.jpg

• 1 month later...