Midwest LSA Show

GrassStripFlyBoy

1 hour ago, GrassStripFlyBoy said:

This show remains a go, and is a month out Sept 10-12.  I'm considering doing a day trip, it's about 3.5 hours from my home, will make the call that week based on work and weather.  Tossing out the idea, curious if others are planning on hitting the show?

Home Base for me.. Ill be there!

6 hours ago, AGLyme said:

Thx for link,

the map has an area for “showers” (left hand side). There is a warning that there are only 2 showers however

Ok, I see that, I have never been in that hangar. It is owned by a helicopter crop dusting company.(I think) 

If you really want confirmation, I you could Give the Airport Manager (Chris Collins) a call. He would be more than happy to talk to you!

Side Note:

While everyone is down here, you could go visit Tom Baker! His airport is only a 20 min flight to the north east (KOLY) :) 

Thank you for the offer... I’ll bet with coved the lines and rules to use will push shower time to middle of the night ; )... the website mentioned frequent shuttles to the main strip of hotels.  I’ll try to get one.  Visiting Tom would be a highlight, he has unselfishly helped countless CT people out of the goodness of his heart.  Thx for info Skunkw85

5 hours ago, Runtoeat said:

Putting this on the calendar.  Will know more about going when closer to event.  It'll be a day trip for me at 2.5 hours away.  Let's see if you, Phil and I can get together as flight of 3 Darrell.

Affirmative, flight of three.  YIP not far off a direct to MVN from me, looks like a decent plan.  C'mon Animosity2K, round out our foursome?

On 8/11/2020 at 10:09 PM, GrassStripFlyBoy said:

Affirmative, flight of three.  YIP not far off a direct to MVN from me, looks like a decent plan.  C'mon Animosity2K, round out our foursome?

I'd love to! It's about a 4 Hour trip each way for me however and I work everyday but Sundays. I could try to get a day off but even at that it's a lot for me to shove into one day.

• 2 weeks later...

Still early to have complete and firm plans here, between work meetings and the 10 day forecast just now beginning to hit this window - I'm leaning towards heading out noon Friday, arrive later afternoon, spend the night and depart perhaps later morning Saturday.  More to come.  Weather up to the event is looking bit dicey, heavy rainfall / storms, gusty winds.  I'll look to see this clear out and what has me thinking end of show, not the start.  This is Mt Vernon forecast:

image.png.006977d3718d084fc524fd76e3ec8685.png

2 hours ago, GrassStripFlyBoy said:

Weather up to the event is looking bit dicey, heavy rainfall / storms, gusty winds

passed my flight review yesterday... and the fuel pressure issue is resolved... looking forward to going... so this weather report is depressing, will keep my fingers crossed.  Not sure if I am camping or hotel-ing. 

Basic question to the veterans... is it like OSH where pilots have arrival/depart time windows, or, do we just arrive and takeoff when we want?  The videos I have watched online looks like the event is small and not as structured as the other airshows.  Thanks in advance.

Never been to it, based on what I've seen on the web it looks like a fairly low stress easy going event.  That said, our county airport had a breakfast fly in Sunday, it was one of the best ever with arrivals from all over the state - seems there are so few fly in's occurring that people are flocking to those still on.