Custom MoGas Fuel Trailer For Sale KFUL (SOLD)

Adam

FUEL TRAILER IS SOLD

Greetings Everyone!  I'm moving to Westlake, TX.  Thinning out things from the hangar so I can eventually make the move.  I built this gasoline fuel trailer a few years back.  I over engineered the heck out of it, spent almost $2,000 to build it.  Dragging this for 20 hours on the freeway to get it to TX doesn't make a lot of sense!  If you happen to be at KFUL, and have a light sport, this baby has a Fullerton City Fire Permit and you are allowed to store it in your hangar (empty) and use it to refuel on airport grounds.  The build thread is here on CT Flier somewhere,  Its a Harbor Freight utility trailer, GPI FM-100 deluxe gas pump, JME 50 gallon tank and deluxe Cox grounding reel.   The battery compartment houses an Optima deep cycle marine battery, with circuit breaker protection and an optima charger.  Very nice trailer if I do say so myself!  First $750 with a truck to haul it wins!  You can email me at acoffey1964@gmail.com - www.CoffeyAviation.com 

IMG_5637.jpeg

IMG_5636.jpeg

IMG_5635.jpeg

IMG_0226.jpeg

IMG_0224.jpeg

IMG_1249.jpeg

IMG_1080.jpeg

Hi Bill - Never bought it.  Rotax's introduction of the 915 caused me to pause right when I was ready to pull the trigger on the 914 powered P2008.   I started building an RV12 tail (pic attached) but ultimately lost interest in that.  Bristell is the first to offer an LSA. (E-LSA) with the 915iS.  Fully loaded it prices out at $280 - so not for the faint at heart!.   Lately, wife, daughter and I have been getting around the country in a private jet (but sitting in the back as members of Delta Private Jets).   It's very addictive.  I do plan to buy and fly again once I get to TX.  Once I knew we were going to move I pushed the plane back a bit because I didn't want one more thing that needed to be moved!

IMG_5638.jpeg

I reached out to Tom on the F2.  I'm willing to be an early slot if Flight Design wants a 3 time CT owner to be a guinea pig...   Have not heard back.  You out there TP?    CTSW, CTLS, CTLSi seems like an F2 could be a natural progression.  Slings are imported near me in Torrance CA.  I have heard a lot about them but no experience directly. 

I did the same...

I flew it Adam... I think the Combo performance and pricing are going to blow the competition away.  It isn’t as weighty as the Tecnam et al.. .  They use robotic carb fiber layup, not human.  So the epoxy weight is less.  That’s the trick to the weight thing... . I felt like I was flying a 172 with a stick + all the visibility and appointments of the FD... and yet two can actually fly in it at a CTLS distance unlike the Tecnam.

59 minutes ago, 207WF said:

Het, Adam!

Hope you enjoy Tejas.  I used to be a Texan, still enjoying your old hangar at HHR.

The trailer looks great, typical of your style.

WF

Hi Wayne!  Long time...   Glad to hear you are still doing well in the "old hood" at KHHR!   I think you'd get use out of a small fuel trailer for your bird???   (Or is mo gas now available at KHHR?).  Small enough you could use a car to haul, very lightweight.   I'd give you a "friends and family top secret discount" 🙂. SSSShhh, don't tell anyone.

I used to be a Texan too.  Lived there long ago, back in the 1980's (the Army years).  My son and his family moved from CA to Austin area about 3 years ago.  Job move, company left CA for TX.  He is doing great and loving it.  We will be in the DFW area.   CA state taxes top rate 16.8%, Texas 0%. Now with a .4% wealth tax coming on high net worth folks I need to get the hell outta dodge!  I gave Gavin Newsome $1.8M in taxes last year, that buys many toys in TX.

HI Adam, I would be so tempted, but I fly with 100LL on my Sportcruiser.  And I'm at KFUL too!

Have you checked with General Aviation to see if they'd be interested?  They converted the crew car (Jeep Grand Cherokee) to carry MOGAS in the hatch, but maybe they'd be interested?

12 hours ago, Adam said:

Lately, wife, daughter and I have been getting around the country in a private jet (but sitting in the back as members of Delta Private Jets).   It's very addictive.  

I trained two young men through private pilot, they did their checkrides on the same day, and went to the same school to add to their ratings. Both wound up flying for Delta Private Jets. One has moved on to the corporate world, but I think the other is still flying for them.

2 hours ago, rtk said:

HI Adam, I would be so tempted, but I fly with 100LL on my Sportcruiser.  And I'm at KFUL too!

Have you checked with General Aviation to see if they'd be interested?  They converted the crew car (Jeep Grand Cherokee) to carry MOGAS in the hatch, but maybe they'd be interested?

Posted here first to see if an LSA owner locally wanted to grab it.  Just starting to thin out the hangar so haven't gotten serious yet.  I half heartedly wonder about throwing it in the bed of my F250 and giving it a piggy back ride to TX on an upcoming trip!  For those at KFUL - the real lottery is going to be for who gets my pimped out extended T hangar!  (notice the epoxy flooring).  Also going to give away the RV12 orphaned tail 🙂. It was a lot of fun to build and some local EAA chapter might enjoy the "donation".

14 hours ago, Adam said:

Posted here first to see if an LSA owner locally wanted to grab it.  Just starting to thin out the hangar so haven't gotten serious yet.  I half heartedly wonder about throwing it in the bed of my F250 and giving it a piggy back ride to TX on an upcoming trip!  For those at KFUL - the real lottery is going to be for who gets my pimped out extended T hangar!  (notice the epoxy flooring).  Also going to give away the RV12 orphaned tail 🙂. It was a lot of fun to build and some local EAA chapter might enjoy the "donation".

I think taking it with you would be well worth it!  Too nice to give up and I would snag it if I could (I just can't find non-ethanol fuel around us that isn't an arm and a leg in price.)

I think Monica contacted me about your hangar!  I passed as I have a box hangar that I've "grown" into...

Hey Adam, it’s great to heard from you on the forum. How does the Delta Private Jets work as far a costs. Is it by the hour, the trip, block time or partnership. Our airport is always getting calls from people wanting to fly out locally. We have a new 5500’ runway eager to provide some sort of service.

18 hours ago, Tip said:

Hey Adam, it’s great to heard from you on the forum. How does the Delta Private Jets work as far a costs. Is it by the hour, the trip, block time or partnership. Our airport is always getting calls from people wanting to fly out locally. We have a new 5500’ runway eager to provide some sort of service.

Jet Card Service on DPJ, Sentient, NetJets all very similar.  You sign a contract that locks in the per hour rate of your preferred class.  It also locks in the rates for other classes at the same time.  You make a deposit to your piggy bank (usually entry level is 25 hours although sometimes they do promo's at 15 or 20).  Once the deposit is made, the lock period is roughly 18 to 24 months and you start using the account.  You can order any size jet you want, you pay by the drink.  I have learned that I get upgraded at least 50% of the time for their convenience and thus I pay light jet prices often times for mid or super mid category jets.  It is very expensive (relatively speaking) but for those with the means, it sure simplifies life.  

I need a small plane for personal enjoyment and burger chasing...   I miss that.   But getting from Point A to Point B - I have really enjoyed private jet travel.  Airports used are up to the person booking.  I tell them what airports I'm going to, where I want to leave from and what size plane I want.  They have length minimums based on size of aircraft.  5000 in good weather pretty much starting point for light jet category.  Size of aircraft requested most of the time is dependent on number of people and distance.  Cross country I use Mid or Super Mid with either one or no fuel stops.  Wife and I kinda enjoy getting out during a refuel stop to stretch our legs and go to the restroom.

Delta recently bought Wheels Up, now as a Delta Private Jets member, I also get access to King Air 350's for short hop turbo prop efficient flights which lowers the runway length requirements and opens up even more airports.

Some pics of a recent flight. 

IMG_5467.jpeg

IMG_5463.jpeg

61693883064__4F51B533-8F3C-48C1-AABA-A3FB0D436B34.jpeg

IMG_5461.jpeg

61693887280__4B27039C-4D4E-4E07-B6B2-180500A5541A.jpeg

19 hours ago, rtk said:

I think taking it with you would be well worth it!  Too nice to give up and I would snag it if I could (I just can't find non-ethanol fuel around us that isn't an arm and a leg in price.)

I think Monica contacted me about your hangar!  I passed as I have a box hangar that I've "grown" into...

Rotax engines are fine with an ethanol blend.  I was using premium mo-gas, that's up to a 90/10 blend (from the gas station a mile away by Target).  I read a great article recently about when to use 100LL v MoGas on Rotax engines.  This forum has debated that topic 1000 times over the years.   The advice had to do with personal flying habits, namely-  "If you fly once a month or your plane sits for extended periods of time - use 100LL.  If you fly regularly, use MoGas.  The decision was based more on the lines of how infrequently you flew and how long the gas sat in your tanks.  MoGas gets more skunky with time v. 100LL.  The maintenance cost differential becomes more of a factor with higher usage rates.  I'm paraphrasing but that was the gist of the article - darned if I can remember where I read it....