Tumbleweed

Seeking ideas for mounting my ipad/iphone using foreflight

Where are owners mounting their iPad and/or iPhone in the CTSW.  I use foreflight as a backup and still have not found a good mount solution that does not block  the "glass instruments and Aria 660" on my panel.

Here's my solution, have been very pleased with this location since adapting the Ipad mini here.  A larger size device might be more of an obstruction issue, I find the mini is mostly hidden by the pillar.  I'm smaller size at 5'6" and seat position and height of pilot is a factor here as well.  I think my second choice would be off the left side of the panel.  This upper area mount I worked out is rock solid, seems real natural in the scan too.

I run the iPhone off a suction cup mount on the door glass, but that is not used much for flight app's, more so the music and a handy spot to keep it secure.  That works well too, buy Ram products, avoid the China junk.

I go between grassstripflyboy’s method/location and a ram mount attached to the side of the mushroom like below.  Both are out of the way. I find the mushroom mounting makes it easier to reach when you need to annotate, pan, zoom, etc in ForeFlight. 

178E991F-2576-4250-932C-1B9DDA50F0A1.jpeg

9 minutes ago, johnnyjr said:

I go between grassstripflyboy’s method/location and a ram mount attached to the side of the mushroom like below.  Both are out of the way. I find the mushroom mounting makes it easier to reach when you need to annotate, pan, zoom, etc in ForeFlight. 

I have the same setup.  Works nicely.  Mostly out of the way, but still easily accessible and viewable.

2 hours ago, Tumbleweed said:

What do you mean by mushroom side? Not heard that term before now. 

The big pod that the instrument panels are mounted in is mushroom shaped, so it is often referred to as the mushroom.