Dirt Dauber Nest on Stabilator Counterweight

I ran into a bit of a conundrum today.  I am in the process of starting my condition inspection, and am doing an owner assist with a local A&P.  I started to pull fairings, cowlings, open access panels, etc, and was starting to lube controls when I went to move the stabilator and heard a rubbing/grinding noise.  I listened for where it sounded like it was coming from, and determined it was forward of where all of the bearings and control rods/cables are. After some serious digging around and contorting, while looking in through the baggage compartment, I saw a dirt dauber nest on what I assume is the counter weight of the stabilator.  It is rubbing against an opening in the tail section of the plane.  Long story short, I am going to have to remove it.  Any thoughts on a way to get back there and remove it without having to remove the entire stabilator.  I am a small guy, but even I am going to have a hard time getting back there to knock it off.  I don't want to knock it off and then not be able to get it out either.

On that topic, anyone know of any good covers for the rear of the plane?  I am thinking something like a towel, but I want something extremely visible to prevent it being missed or forgotten during preflight.  I always do a control check, but still...

I didn't think about it at the time, but I'll grab one next time I go to the airplane.  I looked in the manual, and did confirm it is on the the forward (the side that would be facing the rear of the baggage compartment) side of the stabilator counterweight.  I pulled this from the FD manual, and the yellow arrow points to where it is.  It is on the forward face of the weight.  Gonna be a pain to get to, me thinks.

Stabilator.png