Greetings from Phoenix

Junglejett

Hey! Name is Tim and I am knocking around a CTLS in the very near future. I just started a non-profit dedicated to aviation history in the state and would be using the airplane in part to offer flight training scholarships to the younger among us. I currently live in the West Valley of Phoenix near Luke AFB. I am currently in the USAF as a Reservist (enlisted) and spent some time in C-130's as a Loadmaster and HH60G Pave Hawk helicopters as an Aerial Gunner. (yeah, it was fun!). I also fly the Challenger 350 for a very large business jet operator. Part owner in a Yak-52 and have owned a few other airplanes in the past: Yak-50, Tomahawk, Long EZ, Waco YMF, and just sold a single seat turbine helo. I REALLY enjoy GA flying and keep my hands in it. Makes me a better jet pilot too!

Anyway, looking for anyone in the valley who might be willing to offer some advice on local FD pros and ops in valley. We will also use the airplane to visit the airports around the state as part of our history work. Also, if and when we find the right airplane, might be looking for a dependable pilot to ferry her home if I am working.

Look forward to joining the group!!

Tim

Hi Tim,

Welcome aboard!  Great group of aviation enthusiasts here from all over the world!  I'm located in South Eastern AZ  and have been teaching in our CT;s since 2008.  The CT family of aircraft are wonderful machines and we currently have two of them in our training fleet.  Happy to help answer any questions you might have and I'm sure you will find there is a large group of helpful folks on this site.

I don't know if you have your eye on a particular bird but I was visiting with Tom Jr at Airtime Aviation this morning and he said they should have two in their inventory shortly.  

It may be worth giving them a call.

I have a 2008 CTLS that I bought last year to learn to fly in and got my ticket.  Took a trip from Tulsa to Destin in July and don't really want to fly commercial ever again.