FDCT vs C172

Bill3558

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Nitpick: Cessnas don't have fowler flaps, they're slotted flaps. Even says so in the AFM.

Fowlers extend out from the wing to lengthen the chord as the first action to the intermediate position, and the second action changes camber, lowering down and opening a slot. Cessna flaps somewhat function like fowlers at first, but they're not true fowlers because further flap settings combine the chord and camber changes. They still work quite well!

Speaking of Cessnas, one of my flying buddies just bought this 1946 (IIRC) 140.  It was restored two years ago and has 150hrs on an engine rebuild.  It mostly sat since the restoration, but was in a climate-controlled hangar.  It needs some buffing to bring the polish back to mirror shine, but it's really nice overall.  It even has the original NC-number on the underside of the wing.  Timeless classic!  I'm kinda jelly.

2coq6lDs7ME1wHslNxsXQWOy8plfK8PIp6DhhVlcueGIfQvFdpBk8sNER6RMDqJMJ-a6czHobenkMrv5Usjxt9SCctKOry92Tz0ATr-TFI4nL-Wxqr5D3rM5A-rO8YSBS2UfWlxpJLUOuYLu3YYg-NDhyMzmGYgN0JP7jskwoe-72PTQLDu9yw_Z4he84GoZOUgDNE_w1vXwvwg5GzoWmZFAwC0U1jO_81AQKkBUmcgWPoHDOcQSQ8bH9prCzsup3GxmIp-W-LWPg2i-qztqRBLFeFbu4kXXhkjFV0TAEZ7mO6D0HtoEt6cfsPnmQAqt-ogXC2lQfddXMTTVuH8kgHzR3SM440hTWzo7tJKBOQMQi4ZcbJbarw7OTwuKZiyUFiRG5BzZ5-nKa4et_a10hVyEkj9UGwhf1fvrcBs4lixuX891lQ1gfBQUQnjp21qoLPaoMvjn0fzi-pQkqNloaCifawTgyV6nsR3mfyGtqv8qBgIvu_-AfSk_tm8zAxSNrH3TvEx74P-ucckNMYnlvju7K_M7dQqw2mrOV8-oVNoJNtjIQdU_7l7_Hw-IVMTfQBXxaRnvQZDB8xBlJ1xaJVUobF2RjeMeUImaa9BsoiizTdKzJV4dZ93DsyYxGmWqV-wlsXSfewiWBoUZXac5nNoNWUvOcGLz8sW7VY08UmOv_jl0DN9E4mjA_levzc8iHvIfOGHzGKVxrtmF7oJ4Du-f=w1440-h1080-no?authuser=0