Hand brake not holding run up , change line

marakii

Hi there,  just wondering if replacing the hand brake and main brake switch is expensive and time consuming.

my 2005 CTsw hand brake and main on/off brake switch lately hasn’t been holding the aircraft past  3000 rpm on run ups and I’m concerned .  Is it a big job as braking is important especially when I can’t even do a proper run up as I can’t hold the plane from moving forward .

Thanks again 

Either put new pads on and make sure you burnish them in. Failing to do this can make a difference of up to 50%. The other issues with Marc's are binding disc, springs pushing the pads away from the disc so you have to pump the handle and stopping power reduced from brake fade from heat.

The best solution is yank the Marc brakes off and put Matco's on.

Explain how your applying the pressure and activating the brake valve.   Hopefully this is not an insult but don't want to overlook the obvious. The valve can be turned on at any time and it then becomes a one way valve, the brake lever can be pulled more than once to progressively build stronger pressure to brakes.  Also check the fluid level in the reservoir? 

1 hour ago, Roger Lee said:

Brakes should hold up to full rpm or you have an issue. Who's brake's  do you have? Marc Engegno (silver in color) or Matco (gold in color)?

Your pads may have some brake fluid on them or need replacement or they are Marc brake's and need work on the caliper.

Roger mixed it up! Marc brakes are gold in color with a stamped rim, and Matco are silver (Bare Aluminum) with a machined rim.