FD Annual Checklist

NC Bill

Because of all the mistakes and missed items from the checklist I would encourage every mechanic and every pilot to make the mechanics use the Rotax and FD inspection checklist. For the pilots paying for the inspections you are spending good money and sometimes big dollars to someone to do a good job and check everything that is put forth by Rotax and FD or any aircraft Mfg. I find that seldom happens. Owners you're paying to have a job done a certain way. make sure it is. You don't need the bottom of the barrel people working on your plane. Have them do a decent logbook label. The Tecnam I have here right now has a single sentence for the previous annual. If someone tells you that's overkill tell them to quit striving to be average and strive to be a cut above. It doesn't hurt or cost anymore and then you and the mechanic are better legally protected vs the 1-3 sentence folks and no checklist. Most mechanics write IAW (in accordance with) the checklist. Just taking a good look can usually tell you they didn't use a checklist and just did their own thing. This leaves them highly liable and you too since your the owner. 

I just finished a Tecnam 2008 P92 and found the last 3 annuals a sham  and one completely illegal. I had 1.5 pages of discrepancies, rotting air intake tubing that any idiot could look at from 25' and know it needed replacement.

Okay I'm down off my soapbox. :)