Fuel hoses

Madhatter

I have an early 2006 CTSW which has the stainless fuel lines from the banjo assembly to each carburetor.  These lines are a real PITA to deal with when doing anything  with the carburetors because they are so stiff. They also can sometimes seep fuel at the carb connection if not real tight. 

I called  Aircraft Specialty ( not to be confused with Aircraft Specialties) and had them make up conductive teflon fuel hoses for the 912, basically an RV 12 kit with a few changes. I elected to go with all AN flared fittings, eliminating all banjo fittings. The hoses are good for the lifetime of the engine and do not need to be replaced,  they are made with integral silicone fire protection and tested to 2000 psi. They are the same quality as you would get on certified aircraft however for Flight Design you will have to be ELSA. They also make all the oil lines for the 912 with AN flared fittings that also do not have to be replaced and they won't kink easily. 

20201012_164033.jpg

I had Desser make up my Teflon hoses.  They can run into money pretty quickly, but I'll never again change hoses.  I also went with AN fittings, but I didn't eliminate the banjo fittings at the fuel manifold.  There are a number of different plumbing schemes, some of which get rid of the FD manifold.  Several different companies offer this hose replacement service.