FS: TruTrak Digiflight II AP with 2 Servos

Jim Meade

DigiFlight IIVS FP auto pilot head Part Number DIIVS-FP Serial Number 109881.  Manufacturer's inspection date is 2-23-07.

Basic Servo C Part Number DSS-C Serial Number 210213.  Inspection date 3-7-07.  Missing one screw on limiting arm.

Basic Servo B TOR Part Number DSB-B TOR Serial Number 208720 no inspection sticker or build date.  Designed for use with capstan which is not included.

Mounting screws for the head are included.  The servos are tapped for four  AN3 or 10x32 mounting screws, not included.

It worked fully when removed.  More photos available if desired.

There is an SB on the servos.  It says if the screw has been removed to install a bracket on the -C or arm servo and to send the capstan servo back for factory modification.  The screw has never been removed from the arm servo so it is not subject to the SB.  The screw was removed on the capstan servo so it is subject to the SB.  According to Mid-Continent Instruments, arm brackets are avaialbe for the arm servo but there is no procedure or method of modifying the capstan servo.

These items are sold as is with the understanding that securing the screw in the capstan servo is up to the buyer.

$500 include UPS ground in US up to $30.

dfii1.jpg

dfii2.jpg

servoa2.jpg

servon2.jpg

Jim, I would like to point out there is a SB on the servos. The pitch servo is an easy fix if you can find clip to retain the screw. I might have one, but I would have to look. The roll servo would need to be sent in for modification to a stud for the attachment of the arm. That is even if they will still repair them.

Thanks for pointing that out, Tom.  I hadn't heard.  I'll have to do some research.  When you say the roll servo would need a modification, would it need it for a capstan as was used on the CTSW, or only if one puts an arm on it?  If you have the clip let me know.  In the meantime I'll check out the SB and see what TruTrak has to say.

I just talked with Bruce Grammon, Technical Sales Rep of Mid-Continent Instruments and Avionics, the company that provides TruTrak service and support for Bendix King.  He sent me a copy of the SB which I shared with Arian Foldan of FD USA and with Tom Baker. 

As the SB reads, the problem was a retrofit screw working out.  Since these servos never had a retrofit screw, I don't believe the SB applies.  The only reading that makes sense is that some people had occasion to change the arm or capstan, that the new screw worked out in some cases, and this bracket addresses that problem.  The screws in my servos have never been removed and show no signs of backing out.

Grammon said MCICO has the brackets for the arms for the C servo, the one with the arm, but does not have any parts or procedures for addressing a problem with the B-TOR capstan servo.

TruTrak Servo Service Bulletin 060810 (1).pdf

On 10/23/2020 at 3:58 PM, Jim Meade said:

Tom,

Thanks for that reference.  As I read it, the words recommend but do not require changing the screws in the existing units in the first place.

As a component manufacturer they cannot require an SB be complied with anyway, only the actual aircraft manufacturer can.