Great Flying day, Fall 2020...

AGLyme

3 short vids to post.  Second time landing on grass for me, we had an absolute blast at another beautiful grass strip in Connecticut.  Met Kent W (former SW owner, current Husky owner) and another pilot pal of mine from Chester for breakfast at Poughkeepsie,.  On the way over I had GPS trouble - first time I flew after the 2 year Transponder checkup.  I was "helping" the Transponder tech with the Dynon and I discovered that I clicked on the wrong Transponder model... Kent said that at one point, FlightAware revealed I was clocking 200 miles per hour... I diagnosed the problem and fix on the iPad at breakfast.

After breakfast we flew to N41 (Waterbury Airport).  Kent went first in his beautiful blue Husky, my pal in his C-170 and I pulled up the rear after I fixed the GPS... watched those two land at the airport which is set up in some hills so the scenery is beautiful and distracting.  Kent knows my "too fast on Final" on short runways weakness so he reminded me to trust the plane and specs... Kent is a superb stick and rudder guy.  I maintained about 54-55 knots on Final which makes all the difference.

Approach wasn't perfect, wind was sporty...  but the plane is still intact 

Kent bought two pumpkins from this nice young girl who painted faces and phrases on them and the game was to drop the pumpkins on a "white" garbage bag at the end of the airstrip.  It was not a "white" garbage bag, rather it was a painted black bag... suffice, we could barely see it.  This is a quick vid and you can barely see the pumpkin as it was small... but we did come in second place, not with the throw in this vid however... the door/window was open on the right side of the airplane and it was freezing but really fun.

And the third installment of this absolutely fascinating, spellbinding adventure 🙂is a fly by of a DC-3... the airport attracted a bunch of pilots from all around, Cubs, C-170, C-140's - a pile of them, a side-by-side cub (forget the model, quite rare evidently), a C-190 that did a cool fly by, and a Mooney that did a fly by as well... people set up chairs, poured coffee and enjoyed watching planes fly by, land, and takeoff on the first legit cold day of the year.

Really fun day.

Andrew, that was the winning pass in the video! The one that hit the target DQd himself since he was the show organizer. 

The rules of the pumpkin toss allowed for flying as low as you wanted as long as you could still clear the trees a few hundred feet away.

Andrew made the nicest landing of the day by far!

Kent