replace oil pressure sensor in CTLS

ABQ CTLS

On 11/7/20 a friend & I performed a swap of the original Honeywell oil pressure sensor with the new Kavlico sensor. Physically replacing the screw-in part was easy. Only tighten to 80 inch pounds. The stinker was the wire connections. You must pull away the EMS & radio stack from the panel (just pull them out enough so you can get your hands back behind there). Access is difficult; it'll take a little patience. We had to run two new wires from the sensor thru the firewall (thread them with the wires making that route inside the heat protective tubing). The three wires connect to different PINs in the EMS sensor. Actually, you can just use the existing white wire in the engine compartment that was connected to the old Honeywell sensor - it is already plugged into PIN 6. You'll need the electrical wiring tools necessary for something like this: de-pinning tool, PIN connectors, crimping tool, etc. My friend builds airplanes so he had all this already. Below I've listed the highlights, technical details:

Original Honeywell oil pressure sensor had erratic fluctuations

Replaced with Kavlico v2 Oil pressure sender 1/8-27 NPT, 150 PSI purchased from Dynon part 103757-000

Kavlico green wire connects to existing white wire into PIN 6 (sensor data)

Kavlico black wire connects into black wire into PIN 3 (ground) [this is a new wire I had to run]

Kavlico red wire connects into grey wire into PIN 18 (Power) [this is a new wire I had to run]

Old Honeywell red wire into PIN 15 was cut & eliminated leaving PIN 15 occupied by a red fuel flow wire

PIN 18 is also suppling power to orange manifold pressure wire

All PIN connections made by following instructions from Dynon

What I didn't put in the original post is the need to change the software choice for the oil pressure sensor. You'll need to go into the Skyview menu and 'navigate' to the choice Sensor Input Mapping. Once there you'll scroll down to PIN 6 and change from Honeywell to Kavlico  (Kavlico is already in there as one of your choices). Make sure PIN 6 still says it is oil pressure.