TruTrak Autopilot Support

Starting to get more serious with the autopilot install, a few months ago I called Bendix King and was told they were working on obtaining drawings and such, they had no info on CT's at that time, said things were in the works and to try back later.  Called back today, learned the following:

Mid Content Instruments is now servicing the legacy units (Digi Flight, etc), and I see they have products listed individually on web Autopilots (mcico.com)

EDMO is selling the new xCruze line and supporting experimental installs, their site now shows a couple "kits" for installing in CT's  EDMO | xCruze Autopilot Install Kit | Flight Design CT/CTLS Config 1

Have a call in to inquire on pricing and availability.  Nice to see this product line is being supported going forward.  I was planning on fabricating the brackets and such, will now likely buy and install kit from EDMO.

EDMO site mentioned above is for wholesale biz, the retail side for us pilots is:  xCruze | Digital Autopilot System

Nothing is in stock yet on the mounting hardware, Bendix King is making to order and running ~ 60 days.  

The return call from EDMO contact was helpful fella - he's sending the bill of materials and such to help me identify what part numbers I'll want to order.

Plan to reach out to them.  I did review another SW here near home, took a bunch of pictures, install looks relatively simple. 

Also, later in the day EDMO called me back and stated they may have to remove the CT install kits from their site, when they attempted to order from Bendix it's now back to uncertainty if they will manufacture the CT specific mounts.

So, I'm likely back to fabricating the mounting brackets, which is not a challenge.  I'll probably make a template and/or drawing, and perhaps support additional mounts, for anyone else that needs to mount servo's in an SW.

Bendix has been a PITA for many years on certified aircraft so these issues don't surprise me. My guess is Bendix is more interested in certified aircraft because there is more money in it for them. It's best to buy up used Trutrak components to insure supply for CT's. Bendix was great in its day but a lot of avionics shops don't care for them today. 

• 2 months later...