CTSW Right Rudder Hard Over?

Dwoodard170

I had a situation the other day and I am convinced the rudder was almost totally stuck with a right hard over. It took neutral to almost left rudder to maintain centerline during TO Roll and upon lift off the plane yawed hard right. Reject TO and now I'm curious if anyone else has experienced a similar situation?

Thanks!

The only issue I have seen with the CTSW rudder system is the cable coming off the trim mechanism. This normally happens during heavy maintenance like a rubber replacement. I suppose it would be possible if the cables were not rigged tight enough. If you relax rudder pressure the airplane will yaw hard. The other thing I have seen while instructing is the student to get their foot off center on the rudder pedal allowing their shoe to get caught in the opposite rudder pedal. They often don't even realize it is happening, and they lose directional control.

• 4 months later...
On 12/18/2020 at 3:37 AM, Roger Lee said:

The other cause of this is the rudder spring tension is way too loose. If the tension is within specs then this shouldn't happen. The specs are in the maint. manual and how to increase the tension which isn't real hard. Just a slight PITA.

I checked maintenance manual on how to increase tension for rudder... I'm thinking my still problematic yaw to the left might be too loose.   How do you check or verify the 25.9lbs tension as listed in the MM ? (I might have asked this years ago but forgot)