Roll Servo Mount

With no servo mounting hardware available for sale, and being experimental category, in mocking up the servo location the idea to mount the rear area to the parachute frame instead of composite tunnel looks like an interesting way to go.  Wondering if there are any "that's a stupid idea, don't do it" sort of reasons I may be overlooking.  Here's the situation:

image.png.2a1194a2066d1b3ade519f81b96103c7.png 

The idea is form the mount so it has a return 90 degree bent upward, this flange would attach on the outside face of parachute frame to the existing 2X screws, or drill other holes and cut plexi around these dedicated fasteners - could then lap up against the back side surface.

The other SW I reviewed installation had this cross bar cut out, does not appear it needs to be removed, just cutting plexi for cable connect.

I don't need opinion on what the mount / shape looks like, how it's being formed, etc.  Will share the design later - I'm asking sole question of connecting to the frame cross bar.  Thoughts?

Here's a very rough concept of the shape, the red "L" is the primary structure counteracting servo forces - that's all essentially to factory design and how other aircraft interface servo attachments. The orange lines represent the sides and rear return, this is more for stability in place.  I think I like mounting to the inside and use other fasteners.

image.png.9cb304b218ebc1bf9ae30dc20ec063f6.png

Flight Design US sent me the factory design detail.  Going to the tunnel originally had extra fiberglass applied which is a bugger to complete in place (inner surface).  Gave ok to us a metal doubler instead.  I think I'll replicate the factory design and scratch the idea of cross bar.  I view it as structurally stronger than the tunnel, but won't depart from convention here.  It's not a big deal either way, and factory look is the winner...

I know there have been several added to airplanes where there was no reinforcement of the tunnel. There shouldn't be much load there anyway. I also know there were pitch servos added without reinforcement to the belly. I think adding the reinforcement to the belly is something that should be done.

58 minutes ago, Tom Baker said:

I think adding the reinforcement to the belly is something that should be done

The tunnel is easy to add a doubler.  The pitch servo - FD sent two drawings that detailed options for reinforcement.  Absolutely will be doing reinforcements there as well.  And may go in a different direction.  That servo mount appears to be the typical "attach a standard 4x servo holder through bolt mount" and scabbed on one brace to the seat shelf.  I may attempt to mount more off the seat structure and glass in some EZ points or Click Bond type to the floor, and not drill through the bottom.

I did check in with Airtime about a month back, they are in they same situation with Bendix and no available stock.  I'll loop back on the pitch servo - if they have concept that does not require drilling though bottom I'd be most curious.  I did turn out the roll mount tonight, hot off the brake, fits spot on.

image.png.7fdf9f823a857dbe70e2d8ca7576df45.png