Rotax 1500 to 2000 TBO Serial Number

CTDan

2 hours ago, Roger Lee said:

Look at the Rotax SB-912-057UL on the Rotax owner forum. It list the serial number ranges. Just look at your serial number and you'll know. That said if your CT was Mfg later than May - June of 2006 you have a 2000 hr. engine.

You have an engine that can be extended to a 2000 hour TBO.

28 minutes ago, Tom Baker said:

You have an engine that can be extended to a 2000 hour TBO.

Thank you Tom, I am assuming that was meant for me, ... What would it take to extend it, and do you think it would add any value to my plane since it's timed out anyway?

10 minutes ago, CTDan said:

Thank you Tom, I am assuming that was meant for me, ... What would it take to extend it?

No, it was meant for Roger. The engines after the time point he stated are not 2000 hour TBO engines, but they can be extended to 2000 TBO. The 2000 hour TBO didn't come out until 2010. If your engine has a serial number before 5646559 then it can't be upgraded to the 2000 hour TBO.

Dan, I think your serial number was about 100 before that, and there for can't be upgraded.

If it isn't a factory issued 2000 hr. TBO from Tom's 2010, but Mfg'd after about May - June 2006 then for about $55 you can make it a 2000 hr. TBO just by installing a new oil pressure plug screw and new oil pressure spring. It takes about 5 minutes. If you are going to do this I would also replace the ball bearing that sits on top of that spring with the  newer style mushroom (piston valve).