XM Radio and Audio Alarms

YV1

I'm student pilot training in a CTLS. I'm starting to fly solo and I would like to know more a bout the CTLS. The one I'm flying has XM radio. I can turn it on but I have no idea how to switch stations. I'll attach a pic of the panel. 

Also, I've watched some youtube of similar CTLS with audio alerts and alarms. I tried every menu on the Dynons, I can't turn the audio alarms on. 

I'll appreciated any help. BTW i'm not planing on listening music while I'm training. I just trying to learn the plane.

CTLS Cabin.jpg

Looks like a Garmin 696 in the middle. Go to menus and tools in 696 and look for xm radio menue and if you have a subscription and an antenna - I think GXM40 or GXM42 on the antenna, you should be good. The xm subscription is tied to your antenna. There is a switch on your audio panel that may have to be switched.  On the menue, I think the XM selection was on the lower part of the page in the center.

26 minutes ago, YV1 said:

Duane, thanks so much. I can select xm radio on the audio panel a listen to the XM promo. But I had no idea that the G696 controls the XM.

It does .. it also controls certain alarms ( obstacles, altitude etc ).

I listen to XM on every flight - XM ends up with the lowest priority in the system and Aera automatically adjust volume by subtly muting down music whenever there is another input ( alerts, radio etc )- very smooth and non obtrusive setup.