Engine alarm light

Big Flapper

Ed, the EMS doesn't have an internal battery, turn the master off and it goes blank.

I think the easiest way would be to shut the fuel valve off while it is running, and watch the fuel pressure. When it drops off the light should come on. You should be able to turn the fuel back on before the engine quits. It will run for quite a while before you will see the pressure drop.

17 minutes ago, Tom Baker said:

Ed, the EMS doesn't have an internal battery, turn the master off and it goes blank.

I think the easiest way would be to shut the fuel valve off while it is running, and watch the fuel pressure. When it drops off the light should come on. You should be able to turn the fuel back on before the engine quits. It will run for quite a while before you will see the pressure drop.

Thanks Tom

Hi All. Thanks for the advice. As usual, if I had taken the time to read the Dynon 120 installation manual I would have read the answer.

On page 4-5 of the manual it says:

Verify correct operation of the external EMS warning by using the test function in the GLOBAL menu. Enter the EMS menu by pressing any button beneath an EMS main page. Press MORE > SETUP > GLOBAL. Press DOWN▼ to select ALARM CONFIG and press SEL. Select TEST ALARM LIGHT and follow the instructions to test external light functionality.

Thanks again for the input.

Tom