Hose Issue With A Quick Fix

FlyingMonkey

Hey all,

I'm sure several of you, like me, have the firewall oil pressure sensor relocation kit from Lockwood.  For those unfamiliar, Lockwood makes a kit that moves the oil pressure sensor from the front of the engine to the firewall.  This isolates the sensor from engine vibration, adding to its longevity.  This requires running an oil line from the factory location to the firewall.  This line passes through the right side front loop of exhaust pipe.

I noticed recently that that oil line on my airplane was actually making contact with the exhaust.  Further inspection showed the beginnings of damage to the firesleeve on the oil line.  I thought about several fixes for this, but in a flash of laziness I found an effective quick fix that doesn't require any adele clamps, fabricated brackets, or other shenanigans.  I just made a stand-off our of vinyl tubing and zip ties.  This is similar to other hose management bits on the engine, so it certainly seems like a "factory correct fix". The only difference is the tubing bit used is longer to provide several millimeters of clearance between the oil line and the exhaust pipe:

ACtC-3e4Irywf1n0noNWjQ_jgisMXEc3HJuKDLLE

The top hose in the picture is the one in question; as you can see this stand-off provides good clearance between the hose and the exhaust.  Just wanted to post this as an FYI for those of you with this relocation kit as something to check and easily correct.

1 hour ago, BravoFoxtrot said:

"You could have taken that hose and run it under the heads back towards the firewall. That's a fairly normal route."

Roger, do you have any photos showing this routing? Have not done this yet and want to be clear on how it is done.

I'm curious too...it's pretty crowded under there!