16 hour LSA Class in Hopkinsville Ky

Hello, Rainbow aviation is going to offer the 16 hour LSA Class in my town of Hopkinsville Ky.

Anyone wanting this class is invited to enroll.

The dates are August 20 & 21 2011.

Anyone who knows any other sites to post this on i would certainly appreciate it.

The class will be posted on there site within the next day or so.

http://www.rainbowaviation.com/seminar_schedule.htm

The Hopkinsville Airport is KHVC its Brand New and a very nice place for this class.

They will be using my ctsw for the class.

Kentuckynet

The maximum number of students per class is 16. This is an FAA requirement.

Me being in one i assume leaves 15

Hope to see you there

mack brame

270-887-5696

I hope to make it mack. I'm up in St Louis area, not familiar with your area is it near Ft Cambell and where does one stay without wheels if they fly in, if possible. I guess you've recertified from SLSA to ELSA. I have a ELSA RANS 19, will I be using it during the course or does the education received on your CT transfer to other ELSAs? Sorry for the 64$ questions. Doug

yep, really close to fort campbell kentucky, hopkinsville has lost of good hotels, cheap and expensive. Town has about 30,000 people and the county another 30,000 so there's about everything here but an ACE Hardawre.

Yes i recertified my ctsw to ELSA and havent blinked an eye since......its a wonderful thing not having "big brother" insisting on you do it there way or no way!!!!!!!!!!

When you take the class you can do any annual inspection on a ELSA that you own.

mack brame

270-887-5696

I took a 16-hour course to get my Light Sport Repairman - Inspection rating.

Because it can be confusing...

...the course I took emphasized it was NOT about maintaining or repairing any particular LSA*. If an LSA is an E-LSA, no rating or training is required to work on it, repair it or maintain it. If you want to work on an S-LSA, either your own or someone else's, that's a 120-hour course. Much more money and much more time, natch.

The 16-hour course focuses on how to inspect an LSA that you own, so that you can perform the annual condition inspection. You get a certificate that specifies the "N-number" of the plane it pertains to. I did my last annual condition inspection myself (on my E-LSA Sky Arrow). It took about 2 1/2 days and was well worthwhile.

*at the course I took, one fellow left the first day as soon as all this was clarified.

yep thats right on the money, that fellow should have read for a minute or two before he paid huh?

As far as what i have seen there is "no one" that cares more about my safety than me.

As for my annuals i have paid for in the past all have been a joke!

I think the class will point out some things i do not know and make it legal for me to annual my aircraft.....

Thats why im taking it.

mack

I think the class will point out some things i do not know and make it legal for me to annual my aircraft.....

Thats why im taking it.

mack

Clear.

Kentucky's not far from my neck of the woods (Copperhill, TN, 1A3) if you ever want to stop by and compare notes and/or swap rides!

You will be an iceberg after the class.

You will now know the 1/10th above the surface and now you'll have to go on and learn the other 9/10ths that you'll find out you don't know or the class didn't teach. It's a vicious circle and an enlightening one. I took the class many years ago when it first came out and now look at the hole I have fallen in. blink.giflaugh.gif

Have fun and good luck! wink.gif

Archived