New Dynon Skyview software version (16.x)

Chris S.

Noticed this is out on the Dynon site. Anyone tried it? I still get some wallow in my AP with the 15.4.7 version and the new one lists AP improvements in smooth weather as well as some other nice features (prioritize ADS-B over TIS when both available, better handling of own ship "ghost" ADS-B signals, etc.). 

I'm not sure I want to be the first CT owner to test it though! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I completed the install in a CTLSi yesterday.  I'll share some info on it, should anyone else encounter the issue I did.

While the install went routinely, and the process was the same as prior updates that I've done, when the install was complete I had no EMS on either display after the install.  I also had error messages that I think were "EMS Error."

When I spoke with Dynon tech support, the person said they had encountered the problem before, and was able to explain how to resolve it.  He suggested that I disconnect the EMS module from the display, run the EMS configuration (which wouldn't be successful, given that it's not connected), reconnect the EMS, then run the EMS configuration again.  That restored the EMS.  In my case, the EMS module was behind the display on the right side, and it was easier to disconnect the EMS module by removing the cable connection to the display, rather than disconnecting it on the EMS module. (There were 2 cables into the EMS module.  The one to disconnect was the smaller one, on the bottom of the module.)  Also, getting to the back was done by removing the screws that secured the aluminum panel plate...the Dynon unit itself couldn't be removed from the front, as it's secured with nuts on the back side. 

Also, in my case, with the new system software, the transponder wasn't operative without updating the transponder software.  Apparently the software is downloaded with the system software update, but for it to go to the transponder itself it needs to be done through the transponder setup page.

Inasmuch as my issue apparently wasn't unique, I wanted to share the process, should it be helpful to others.

Andy

• 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, Animosity2k said:

Would like to know if anyone else had the issues that Andy ran into before I do it. 

I did have the same issue with the EMS. For that, all I had to do was reboot the system and “rescan” the skyview network and it resolved the issue. I can’t speak for the transponder, as I don’t have the Dynon one.