Tom hose parts list

procharger

Been pretty busy. We are doing a pretty major remodel of the building here at our airport, but her goes.

4.5 meters of 7.5mm fuel hose. I have used BMW V-fuel hose with good results, available for a local BMW auto dealer if you have one. Airtime sells the OEM hose imported from Europe. FDUSA has some that works well too. Roger likes the Gates 5/16" Barricade hose, but I am not a fan as it is to loose on some of the fittings to suite me.

You will need some 1/4" fuel hose. The Gates works okay for this. I normally buy 10 feet at a time, but you probably won't need that much.

I normally do a wing pull during the hose change, so I change the sight tubes. I buy from FDUSA, but you might be able to find a cheaper option.

Change the engine mount rubbers. Pick them up from Roger Lee.

For the 90° coolant hose I use a Gates 28467. You will have to trim it to length. Less expensive than Rotax, and better quality that what they were offering when I started using them.

For the oil hose I normally buy it from Lockwood they have a better price even when I figure in shipping. A normal CTSW takes 1.5m, but with the oil thermostat I expect it will take more than two meters. Also if your current oil return line has the figure "S" to the tank I would but a 90° oil fitting and change the routing of your oil lines. Also anyplace where the oil hose makes a fairly tight radius you will need an internal spring in the oil hose to keep it from collapsing. The newer hose just doesn't hold its shape like the older hose did.

I normally buy 5 or 6 foot of new firesleeve in both -10 and -14. I replace the longest section of each size and the use the piece I replaced for the next longest and so on. If you know a mechanic that has end dip for the firesleeve see if you can buy a little. I normally thin some ultra copper silicone and use that.

You will need a couple feet of Gates green stripe 1" heater hose for the large coolant lines.

This next batch of stuff comes from a Rotax distributor. I will list quantity and part number. 2 meters 922-250, 2ea. 267-789, 5ea. 950-143, 2ea. 430-622, 4ea. 230-910, 2ea. 230-300, and1ea. 881-920. I normally do a carb inspection while I am doing the replacement, and I use kit 999-521. If you don't buy the kit you will need 2ea. 861-115, plus 6ea. 950-141 for the fuel lines to the carb if they are removed. If you check the friction torque you will need an additional 950-141. I also normally change the oil filter 825-016 and 8 sparkplugs 297-940. Take a good look at your exhaust springs. If they need replaced I use H4452 from LEAF, they are a nice stainless spring. Rotax says to change out the fuel pump, so you will need a 893-115 fuel pump assembly. You will need 2ea. 250-425 when changing it out. 

For clamps you will need probably 26 or 27 Band-it clamps, but I would get 30, you will mess a couple up. For Oetiker single ear clamps you will need 10ea. 19.8mm clamps, maybe six 13.3mm clamps, then 20-25 total 14.5 and 15.7 but I don't have a specific number for each. I work from a tray with all of the sizes, and lump them together as small and large. I also sometimes use a couple of Norma fuel injection clamps in 13mm or 14mm. On those I often change the slot headed screw out for a hex headed one.

This is the basic stuff that I use when I do a hose change on a CTSW, and I think a fairly complete list. I do not reuse gasket rings, o-rings, or any other parts that Rotax says should be replaced while doing maintenance. Others might do things differently and not use all of the same parts.

If you have any questions fire away.

• 1 month later...