Aero Classic 4.00-6 6 ply

What is the latest info on the subject tire?  Are they reliable?  I

I have had larger tires installed because I fly off grass most of the time, but am now thinking of looking for speed mods and putting the smaller tires and wheel pants back on.  Thus I'm trying to get up to speed on what used to be a sore spot, bad results from the mains.

I see Desser sells them in 8 ply.  Their 6 ply is sold out.

Reviews appreciated.

Not a fan of the 8 ply, but they do seem to hold up. The 6 ply tires had a manufacturing issue at one time. I haven't seen any issues in the past couple years. Spruce has the 6 ply tires in stock. You might actually call Desser, as there new website has shown some items out of stock when they weren't. I would still order the heavy tube from Desser though.

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/lgpages/tailwheeltires7.php?clickkey=5029683

The link Tom posted above is what I run on mains, and have been happy with them plus fair price point.  I'm still running the Marc brakes so they wear due to possibly alignment contributing to wear rate.  Rotate them to extend life.  I'm mainly on grass and really don't see the need for tundra tires.  I think the wear rate would be the reason to favor the larger tires, no so much what you're flying off of.

For front I'm a fan of this:  TOST AERO 400x4 Tire (wingsandwheels.com), it's decent rubber and I like the extra grooves for control.

And nothing but heavy tubes from Dresser.

If you have interest in selling the tundra fairings I'd like to know.  And when you have the smaller set up, advise what you see for speed.  I think weight and speed will keep me running the small set up.

• 2 months later...

Please stick to using tires of rated ply that the manufacturer calls for, and be careful of deviating with pressure.

Your tires are part of your suspension system.

Aircraft tires' "ply" doesn't even refer to how many plies are being used in manufacturing anymore and has not for decades, it refers to "hardness" of the tire (per goodyear aircraft tires technical documentation).