remote compass

Al Downs

• 1 month later...

Could you help me locate the remote compass for a CTSW?  Im installing a OAT for the very old Dynon D100 and its supposed to connect to the EDC-D10A (as per the instructions I found).   Cant find this unit.  Is it built in to the D100 or is it a separate unit - and is it possible that its an extra option that I don't have? I read that it comes standard with the D100 so im a bit confused -

The standard location from the factory was in the left wing near the inspection cover. The inspection cover is where they located the temp probe. If you have performed your wing inspection before and there was a square plug in the left wing root that is where it is likely located.

Just  did a wing inspection and tank cleaning yesterday.  No wires in the left wing except for the strobe.  Same on the right wing, strobe wire and pitot hose only.   Ive checked behind the panel too.   Thanks for the reply.  Will keep looking or just go back to entering the temp manually :)