Oshkosh...Anybody Going?

FlyingMonkey

Glad you guys are making the pilgrimage.

Towner, just a suggestion -- I'd put the tent under the other wing.  Why?  That pitot tube is very fragile.  I have bent one before due to inattention, and they are about $150 plus shipping from FDUSA.  More importantly, a bent pitot could leave you grounded at Oshkosh. 

Have a great time!

• 2 weeks later...

I spent some time looking over the new F2 …

- it seems like a much bigger plane both inside and outside
- it has a very spacious cabin
- the cockpit seems a lot more professional looking with much better finish etc

Overall looks very tempting but of course the price tag is above 200k …that’s beyond my budged.

It was a great trip out from California!  About 17 hours of flight time each way! The little plane performed great.  Even taking off at a 9000 ft density altitude wasn't a problem. And I'm still surprised how comfortable it is.

While there, I compared numbers to a lot of the other light sport aircraft being manufactured. Unless you are looking for a STOL aircraft, the CT series seems hard to beat.

Midwest show should make for better opportunity to meet up / hang out a bit - OSH has so much to cover.  This was my 4th trip and probably the last time I'll camp on field, will drive and hotel it for any future shows.  I really enjoy flying in, but dang that tent camping is getting tough, especially with the storms blowing through and I only hit the Tue AM stuff, I'd have been freaking out if was still there later in week.

F2 appealed to me more in person, and had chance to sit in it - sure felt comfy and that space behind seats would be nice.  Speaking with Tom Sr I believe he stated 860 lbs on the first plane he was delivering, and indicated something like 20 lbs would be optimized out of the future builds.  That puts empty weight about 5 lbs more than my SW with me in it.  For all it offers, if one is staying within LSA the F2 (or any CT) is still a whole lot of machine for the price points and performance.

I'm saving up my pop cans for going back to carrying a medical and parking a nice used one of these in the hanger maybe in two years, love the Rotax up front and gets cross country speeds in the range I'm looking to hit.

image.thumb.png.ff83e592019b19aab1c8a419b8e5a5b0.png

But I might settle for this:

image.thumb.png.db70aadd9b2dcc430b34a1e9f8523c08.png