Questions about CTLS Push-to-Talk

Xcdeeds

So on a CTLS, there are two sets of headphone jacks, one for the pilot, one for the passenger.

If I am flying alone, could I plug into the passenger side, and the push-to-talk functionality work, from the left seat? Said differently does it matter where my headphones are plugged in?

Had an issue hearing Ground the other day, taxxied out, did my run up, switched to the passenger side plugs to see if it was a connection issue. Held short of the rwy, per Tower instructions. They told me cleared for departure, I read back the instructions then started to go. They told me to taxi back bc they couldnt hear me.

Thinking either radio issues or I cannot plug into passenger plugs and use the pilot side PTT

If you have the PM3000 Intercom, then pushing the button for that position will activate the headset mic for that position only.  If you are flying in the pilot's seat, but have the headset plugged into the co-pilot's side, you will need to push the button on the co-pilot's stick for your voice to be heard.