Trutrak Vision No Longer Working in "Skyview" Mode

5 Years ago when I purchased my CTLSi, I had the dealer who sold it to me substitute the Trutrak Vision autopilot for the more basic Trutrak model.  Up until about a month ago, the unit has worked flawlessly.  

About a month ago, I upgraded my Skyview software, and encountered meaningful problems, as the EMS initially didn't work.  Dynon talked me through the process to fix the problem, which entailed removing both Skyview units, disconnecting the EMS module, doing some software things, and putting it all back together.  After all that, the Skyview and EMS worked fine.

However, on the first flight after the software install, when I engaged the autopilot in the "Skyview" mode (the autopilot takes heading, altitude, and vertical speed direction from Skyview in that mode), first the plane was doing gentle s-turns hunting for the GPS track, then basically it started climbing and turning irrationally, and it continues to do that in that mode.  When I run the autopilot directly from the autopilot control, which doesn't take anything from Skyview, it works fine.  This makes me conclude that there's something now going on with the interface between the Skyview and the autopilot.  Possibly arising from the new software, or possibly arising from my pulling the Skyview units out and reinstalling them.

I went into the Skyview setup to be sure that the 9600 Baud rate was set up correctly, which it appears to be.  As I look up the serial connections, I don't see anything regarding the autopilot.  I called Dynon technical support, and understandably, they're not too conversant with autopilots other than their own.  The person said that not seeing anything on the setup referring to the Trutrak doesn't mean much, as Dynon doesn't necessarily recognize it, and the autopilot could have been connected via the airinc, in which case it wouldn't show up on the serial connection list anyway.

I'm not sure where to turn at this point.  I'm hearing that with the sale, Trutrak tech support isn't what it used to be, and they could well point to Dynon as the issue anyway, given that there weren't issues prior to the software change.  The tech support person at Dynon did what I would reasonably expect, given that their equipment is communicating with another vendor's autopilot.  So, I'm kinda caught in the middle.

Any suggestions, either on resolving the issue, or on who to go to?

Andy

• 2 weeks later...