Upgraded my E-scooter

Ed Cesnalis

Dick,

The battery is too big for that, the charger is small so it could go with.  Every feature adds weight including more range and more speed.  Fitting in my seat easily with a limit of 40lbs meant my range is 20 miles.   20 miles is a lot, 2 more lbs and it goes to 25 miles.

More speed, range and features could still fit in a CT, hopefully I selected a sweet spot.

Perfect size Ed. I picked up a Gotrax G4 a while back. Great scooter, but I need to remove the seat for it to fit well. Also 20 mph at around 20-25 miles range.  Went with the G4 due to its 10” tires and a bit more comfortable ride on bumpy rural roads. These scooters are great “last mile” commuters. My main mission is short trips to run errands and also final mile rides when I fly to meet my kids at their rodeo events around the state. Seat removal wasn’t a deal breaker considering the added comfort of the larger tire size. 

for the CT family, if you want an easy way to venture away from the airport these things are great tools. 

6 hours ago, Towner said:

I would love to have one that fits in the baggage area.

Keep in mind if you pop out the seat, there is a larger hole in the bulkhead than on the exterior of the SW.  I bought a folding bike, have to remove the pedals, and I pull the seat + tube off instead of sliding into the frame, but even this goes through the bulkhead when all collapsed down.  $145, but you have to power it, no 'E' here - just a bike.  I like idea of e-scooter a lot, but leaned towards this as I hit some dirt trails and bigger wheels appealed to me.

image.png.0bf02fe5de8c46c948db9da97c77e721.png

Andy,  Off ebay, and price is now $20 more and not in stock, there are many folding bikes on there so maybe another seller or similar size would work out: Ultra-lightweight High Carbon Steel 16" Folding Riding Bike Kids Transportation | eBay

On one hand this is a nice riding bike, but I'm about 5'6" and don't feel too out of place on it.  A stand up kick scooter with large pneumatic wheels might be an option too.

3 hours ago, GrassStripFlyBoy said:

I like idea of e-scooter a lot, but leaned towards this as I hit some dirt trails and bigger wheels appealed to me.

The gotrax g4 has 10” tires and does fine on dirt. If that bike was ok the g4 will be fine as well. Haven’t tried getting it into the baggage area through the bulkhead yet but I will on my next trip.