Does your CT track Straight?

Roger Lee

Hi All,

Does your CT rack straight when you taxi and take your feet off the pedals or does it pull to one side or the other?

If it pulls to one side or the other this is easy to fix. Take the cowlings off. There are two control rods that come out of the firewall and attach to the steering head arm at the bottom of the fuselage. Let's talk about an example here:

If it pulls to the right slightly then the control rod bellcrank on the right needs to be lengthened a half turn or the one on the left needs to be shortened that much. If that isn't enough after a taxi test then do it again a half turn.

If you pull to the right really fast then you may want to do the above procedure at least one full turn. You can do a little on one side and then the opposite on the other side. For example shorten one side and lengthen the other.

One thing to consider. If the one side you want to turn is all the way turned in or all the way out then adjust the other side. All you are trying to do is push the wheel in the direction of travel to correct the problem. The control rod lock nut gets 80 in/lbs of torque. I find these loose from time to time.

If this is as clear as mud you can call me and I'll see if I can make it more clear.

Archived