CTSW in Phoenix area

robh

I am thinking of buying a 2007 CTSW and I am looking for someone in the Phoenix area to take me up so I can see how it performs. I would be happy to pay to cover your costs.

I am a private pilot and most of my experience is in the C-152 and C-172

Thanks

Hi Rob,

I own Copper City Aviation Services with a CTLS down in Bisbee Az. We are the Flight Design Pilot Center and Sales reps for Arizona and would be happy to help you out. I have about 600 hrs instructing in a 2007 CTSW that we owned prior to the LS and am approaching 350 hrs in our CTLS.

Give us a call.

Hi Rob,

I own Copper City Aviation Services with a CTLS down in Bisbee Az. We are the Flight Design Pilot Center and Sales reps for Arizona and would be happy to help you out. I have about 600 hrs instructing in a 2007 CTSW that we owned prior to the LS and am approaching 350 hrs in our CTLS.

Give us a call.

How does the CTLS fly compared to the CTSW?

Hi Rob,

You can check each out if you want. Eric has the newer CTLS and I have a CTSW in Tucson at Ryan Airfield. There are other CT's in your area. (Deer Valley, Williams-Gateway, Chandler and maybe Glendale) Maybe they will chime in here as soon as they see your post. There areboth LS's and SW's up there in Phoenix. No matter which way you go everyone likes their CT. Eric is a very good CFI and as much as I hate to admit it a really nice guy. rolleyes.gif (don't tell him I said so)

p.s.

Eric,

You up for a flight to Willcox this week with us old guys?

Rob,

There are 6 CT's at my field. We fly up to Chandler and Gateway fairly regular for breakfast. Actually we fly all over souther AZ for breakfast once a week.

Think of the CTSw as a little sports car, and the LS is more like a Cadillac. They do fly a bit different because the LS is over a foot longer so it has a little better yaw stability and is not so sensitive on the pitch control. The hardest thing about transitioning to the CTs is the sight picture during landing compared to to a 152 or 172, and getting used to a low energy aerodynamically clean airframe. You can learn this sight picture and energy management in the LS and it will be basically the same in the SW. The SW will just make you work your feet a little more to make things happen.

• 1 month later...

Hi Rob,

You will love the CTsw. I had a 152 & 172. Last year I transitioned to a 2007 CTsw and never looked back. It's the most fun to fly you can imagine. I bought mine from a guy in the Phoenix area and had Eric check me out and fly it back home for me. Eric is the best CFI I ever had and a fun guy to fly with. As he said going from a 152 to the CTsw there is a major change in sight picture. Once you get used to it there's no going back. The CTLS is easier to fly but now that I'm used to it I've come to love the twitchy handling of the CTsw. Check out both, Eric has a beautiful CTLS.

al meyer

Archived