Flight available near Minnesota?

MNScott

Hello everyone!

I'm Scott, and I'm just diving into the world of personal aviation. I've always wanted to fly - now that my 14 year old son (Oliver) is planning a career in aviation I have my window to do so. 

We attended EAA AirVenture (Oshkosh) this past weekend and met some great folks. We looked at many of the aircraft, sat in a whole bunch of them and came away most impressed with Van's RV-12, Sling, and Flight Design. By a BIG margin, Flight Design was the roomiest and most comfortable. Even getting in/out was easy. We're not a small people (I'm 6'-2" and 235, my son is 6' 0" and 180 and growing), so usable load comes into play as well.

Mission for our aircraft is local flight to start, hour building and training, then perhaps some longer flights. It would be awesome to fly to Oshkosh in the future!

So - I'm wondering if there is someone near the Twin Cities in MN would be willing to take us up for a flight? Airports nearby are:

KSGS - South St Paul Municipal Airport-Richard E Fleming Field
KLVN - Airlake Airport
KSTP - St Paul Downtown Airport Holman Field
KRGK - Red Wing Regional Airport

Thanks!

Scott