Dynon 1100 HDX White Arc

delta4242

Anyone know why FD would have started the white arc on the ribbon at 62 knots? My Vfe from -6 to 0 is 105 knots, to 15* is 80 knots and 30* for 62 knots.

I would have thought the white arc would start at the 1st speed you could set the flaps at, not the last. At least that was how it was set in all my older GA stem gauges.

I know I can change the setting inside the Dynon, just was curious as to their reasoning.

Thanks 

I can't speak for exact factory reasons here, it seems logical to me that both white arcs represent the speed at which full flaps can be applied.  GA trainer sorts of aircraft, when you chop power, slow down rather quickly and dropping into the white arc is not as prolonged.  The more slippery nature of CT's makes this a different situation, and progressively adding in flaps at the allowable speeds may help to bleed speed / slow down / descend not as long as waiting all the way down to the white arc before the first notch can be applied.

I like the ability to feed in flaps across the speed range, but hear you on the numbers and corresponding flap settings.  When I did my panel make over I placed marks on the steam ASI for the other two flap settings of 0 and -15, I key off them often.

• 3 weeks later...