Wanted: 2006 CTSW Main Flap Control Panel

gorilla

Does anyone have a flap control panel looking for a good home?  It's the one with the flap switch and LED display; not the little relay board attached to the firewall.  My board says Version 3 on it although I think slightly later ones will still fit and work.  However, the CTLS boards with the multipin plug and relays mounted to it will not fit.

I'm in the UK but happy to do a bank transfer or PayPal, whatever suits.

Paul

20 hours ago, gorilla said:

Does anyone have a flap control panel looking for a good home?  It's the one with the flap switch and LED display; not the little relay board attached to the firewall.  My board says Version 3 on it although I think slightly later ones will still fit and work.  However, the CTLS boards with the multipin plug and relays mounted to it will not fit.

I'm in the UK but happy to do a bank transfer or PayPal, whatever suits.

Paul

Note that early model CTLS also have the old SW style boards.

I have repaired these boards before several times. What is it doing?

Thanks Andy, I'll give them a try.

Hi Corey, I have to own up to making a schoolboy error.  I was doing some tidying up of wiring after fitting my new avionics and I didn't disconnect the battery first.  I disconnected a wire from the battery breaker thinking it was the switched wire, not the live wire.  All of a sudden, I heard a small crackle followed by some smoke and realised that the wire was actually live and it had touched the back of the flap panel.

The individual flap settings didn't work anymore and the printed circuit board had some tracks that looked cooked as were the two 220 micro farad capacitors.  I replaced the two capacitors but only succeeded in getting the flaps to work with the switch in the manual position.  I think I've learnt a very expensive lesson..................!

Paul 

Your darlington transistor array is fried. That's what I had to replace when mine wouldn't accept flap positions.

There is also a MOSFET which may be damaged.

If the display and lights are still working correctly, you may have gotten lucky with the microprocessor and didnt damage it.