Fuel leak at firewall

GrassStripFlyBoy

Opened the cabin door to fly this morning, strong smell of fuel.  After checking everywhere identified some wetness on the inside of firewall where the wing lines T together, I believe it's on the cabin side.

MM does not show much for detail around what this junction is, I've not dug into things, expecting I'm facing replacing the line from inside of FW down to fuel shut off, or possibly cutting a bit off the end and a new clamp or such.

Any typical history of what fails here?  In the little I looked it appears the T is steel and simply passing through a hole in FW, I could slide it fore/aft a bit, but with viewing distance and the fire sleeve over things, was not clear on everything.

Lastly, just filled the tanks last night, can I pinch off each of the down lines on the engine side of FW through the fire sleeve, say with a rubber tip squeeze vice grip clamp or something?  First step is managing the fuel shut off somehow.  Appreciate some tips, Darrell

image.png.b8c62d1b7a0a9d238d3b97a7d4d92b8a.png

There is a crossover tube in the rear tunnel just forward of the flaps mechanism up top. Make sure that isn't what is leaking. It is just a pressure balance tube, but I always find fuel in it everytime I do a wing pull.

When you open the panels, sniff around. Your nose will tell you where the problem is.

2 hours ago, Anticept said:

There is a crossover tube in the rear tunnel just forward of the flaps mechanism up top. Make sure that isn't what is leaking. It is just a pressure balance tube, but I always find fuel in it everytime I do a wing pull.

When you open the panels, sniff around. Your nose will tell you where the problem is.

Corey, the crossover tube is only on the LS. The CTSW does not have it, it has the vented caps.