Sold: Neuform CR-3-65-47-101.6 for Sale

Garrett Gee

Just installed an E-Props V20 170mm propeller and consequently, I have a Neuform CR-3-65-47-101.6 3 blade propeller lying around.  If anyone is interested, make an offer.  It is in good shape, just some minor cosmetic scratches around the root where the spinner has been pulled on and off over the years.  I have the blades, spinner, spacer, hub, and mounting hardware.  It has 558.2 hours on it, and was the factory installed propeller on a 2010 CTLS.  I can provide copies of the logs on request.

Otherwise, I am considering making it a piece of wall/hangar art.

58 minutes ago, Jacques said:

congrats for the upgrade....let us know how you like it

Absolutely love the 1.2 hours I have on it so far.  Did the install today.  First time installing a ground adjustable prop, but the documentation from E-Props made it super easy.  Spent at least an hour getting the blades pitched, but was worth it.  Nailed the static RPM on the first try (that was pure luck).  Static RPM was 5620-5650 on the ground.  With half tanks, the airplane basically jumped off the ground.  Did the static runup check, retorqued (checked) the bolts.  Did a high speed taxi, and the airplane shocked me how quickly it wanted to get off the ground.  Did a couple more high speed taxis, then decided it was time to give it a try (after logbook updates of course).  Climb RPM was around 5400-5350, and was climbing about 1200 feet/min at a density altitude of 1200 feet.  Cruise WOT was right at 5480.

What I can't get over is the "ESR Effect".  Seeing the RPM decrease as my airspeed increased on takeoff kind of freaked me out at first, but it matches what E-Props says, and what other users have claimed.  Did a short field takeoff and it was kind of cool to be "pulled back" into the seat.

Overall, I am extremely happy with the first hour of flight.  Unfortunately, the I am "grounding" the airplane for the condition inspection after today's flight.  Look forward to breaking in the prop.  For those that have doubts about the claims of this prop, it is surprisingly good and the ESR effect (which I don't really understand yet) is something to see.